1. When will my benefits be effective?
It varies depending on the enrollment activity as follows:
2. When will I receive my insurance cards?
- Any benefits chosen in conjunction with the annual open enrollment are effective the first of the year; your benefits always coincide with a calendar year.
- Benefit selections made at the time of hire are effective the first of the month following your date of hire.
- Benefit selections made in conjunction with a life status change such as marriage, birth of a child, divorce, etc. are effective with the date of the event.
Medical and Dental Cards are issued by Florida Blue and should arrive in 7-10 days.
Flexible Spending Cards are issued by Wageworks and should arrive in 7-10 days.
Vision Cards are not issued and can be printed from the VSP website. (vsp.com)
**Please note if you do not receive you cards in 7-10 days please contact the provider**
3. How do I receive a verification of employment?
Please email email@example.com with your request and one will be issued within 48 hours.
4. When can I make changes to my benefits?
Changes to your benefits can only be made at the time of open enrollment. However, there are qualifying events that allow for an employee to make changes to their elected benefits during a benefit year. You will need to contact your HR representative to assist you in the change.
- death of spouse or child
- termination or commencement of employment of spouse
- employee or spouse change from full-time to part-time status or vice versa
- significant change in the employee’s or spouse’s health coverage attributable to the spouse’s employment
** It’s important to remember that you have a 30 days grace period from the date of a life status event to initiate the change; otherwise, you must wait until the next open enrollment period.**
5. How do I view my check stub,W2 form, or Vacation Hours?
You can access your pay stubs using the Employee Self Service (ESS) link.
The Self Service URL is (https://personal.ecipay.com/Prod/Login).
The client code is AVEMARIA.
Your employee number: (provided by HR on Date of Hire)
The temporary password is the last 6 digits of your SS#.
If you are having trouble seeing the pay stubs you will need to download the document viewer.
*If you do not know your employee number, contact HR.