Residence Director, Female Residence Hall
Ave Maria University
Location: Ave Maria, Florida
Terms: Full Time Employee
Experience: 0-2 years
Education: Undergraduate Degree required, Masters Degree preferred
Base Pay: Salary (Room and Board, Full Benefits included)
The Department of Residence Life at Ave Maria University is currently accepting resumes for the position of Residence Director for a female residence hall. The most essential aspect of a Residence Director is that she be available to the students she serves. The Residence Director position entails managing a staff of Resident Assistants, encouraging them to be excited about their position, building staff unity, and educating them in their role of advisor, community builder, and student advocate. The Residence Director is responsible for ensuring that their assigned residence hall is in good working order, as well as assuring that the hall remains clean.
The Residence Life Department of Ave Maria University provides a moral foundation for the residents so that they may lovingly and freely embrace the truths that are taught in the classroom. The Residence Director seeks to establish and encourage an environment where that which is learned in the classroom may be practically applied in their daily lives. In seeking to create programs and policies that respect the fundamental dignity of the human person, the Office of Resident Life hopes to encourage an atmosphere of respect and charity among the residents.
General Responsibilities of a Residence Director:
· Be accessible and approachable to the residential students.
· Provide supervision, management, support and evaluation for the Resident Assistant Hall Staff.
· Serve as a strong Catholic role model for the students and the community.
· Perform administrative tasks as assigned.
· Assist with the coordination of all Resident Assistant Training.
· Plan and conduct weekly staff meetings.
· Meet on a bi-weekly basis with Resident Assistants individually.
· Coordinating and directing Resident Assistants duty nights.
· Assist with opening and closing of the residence halls each semester.
· Take part in professional staff duty rotation (nightly and weekend).
· Schedule and maintain a specific number of office hours per week.
· Attend weekly Professional Residence Life Staff meetings.
· Meet weekly with supervisor, the Director of Housing and Residence Life.
· Be sensitive and responsive to students’ spiritual, emotional, personal and academic needs; advising and making appropriate referrals.
· Attend to the health and safety of residents in medical, psychological and other crisis or emergency situations. Being aware of and responding to the effects such crises have on the community.
· Report maintenance problems in your hall to Physical Plant.
· Promote and encourage individual responsibility and respect for others.
· Develop effective relationships with residents through daily interaction.
· Encourage a sense of hall pride and respect for the residence hall.
· Educate students to the importance of personal and building security.
· Communicate, interpret and enforce University and residence hall policies and procedures.
- Review all incident reports and consult on relevant incident reports as needed.
· Assist Security in the evacuation of residence halls during fire drills.
Please send cover letter and resume to Christa.McMahon@avemaria.edu before July 5, 2013.
Director of Housing and Residence Life
Ave Maria University
5050 Ave Maria Blvd.
Ave Maria, FL 34142