Ave Maria University is a Catholic, liberal arts institution of higher learning dedicated to the formation of joyful, intentional followers of Jesus Christ through Word and Sacrament, scholarship and service, inspired by Saint John Paul II and Blessed Teresa of Calcutta and devoted to Mary, the Mother of God.
Under the direction of the Vice President for Student Affairs, the Athletic Director is responsible for overseeing all facets of the intercollegiate athletic program at Ave Maria University through the management of coaches and athletic support staff, the direction of the mission of the athletic department, and the formation of student-athletes according to the mission of Ave Maria University and the spiritual and pastoral mission of the Catholic Church.
1. Effectively communicate the mission of the University and enforce all academic and behavioral expectations to the student-athletes.
2. Provide mentorship and management of the coaching staff, training staff, and athletic support staff for 16 intercollegiate sports, including the hiring of coaches and support staff.
3. Coordinate all operations within the Athletic Department including the management of the following: the athletics budget, recruitment and retention efforts, NAIA compliance, the scheduling of competitions, and academic eligibility requirements.
4. Serve as the athletic liaison with other University departments including Academic Affairs, Institutional Advancement, the Business Office, Admissions and Enrollment, and Facilities.
5. Ensure that each sport is treated fairy and receives appropriate attention and funding.
6. Ensure that all participants and coaches abide by the rules and regulations of the NAIA.
7. Work with the Facilities Director to make sure that all athletic facilities, both indoor and field areas,
are clean, safe, and well-maintained.
8. Work closely with the Vice President for Student Affairs and other personnel within Student Affairs to ensure consistent messaging to students, recruits, faculty, and parents.
9. Serve as an authentic, Christian role model for the student-athletes, coaches, athletic support-staff and University community.
10. Be responsive to students’ academic, athletic, spiritual, and emotional needs and serve as an advocate and mentor for the student-athletes.
1. 5+ years experience in athletic administration, preferably with some coaching experience.
2. A demonstrated knowledge of and a strong commitment to the mission of Ave Maria University and the teachings of the Catholic Church.
3. Attention to detail and accuracy, with excellent written communication skills.
4. Ability to handle confidential information.
5. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
Location: Ave Maria, Florida
Terms: Full Time, 12 months
Experience: 5+ years
Education: Undergraduate Degree required, Graduate Degree preferred
Base Pay: Salary negotiable with experience
Please send cover letter and resume to Julie.Cosden@avemaria.edu before February 15, 2015.
Vice President for Student Affairs
Ave Maria University
5050 Ave Maria Blvd.
Ave Maria, FL 34142