JOB SEARCH GOALS
Seek opportunities that directly align with your career goals and execute your plan of action.
- Complete graduate school applications and testing if applicable.
- Secure references from faculty, staff, or former employers who can attest to your qualifications. Select individuals who know you best and contact them for written references 4 to 6 weeks in advance.
- Develop lists of potential employers and job opportunities. Utilize College Central and refer to Career Services Job Search Guide.
- Participate in mock interviews via Career Services; refer to Career Services Interview Guide.
- Attend professional development seminars and events hosted by Career Services.
- Refer to Career Services Networking Guide and to generate additional job leads.
- Ensure social media and online profiles are “clean” and secure.