Application to the University
- Complete the online application, attach your essay and two letters of recommendation.. Ave Maria University is proud to offer no application fee.
- Request an official copy of your high school transcript be sent to AMU.
- Request that your SAT (Ave Maria's SAT school code is: 4249) or ACT (Ave Maria's ACT school code is: 6212) test scores be sent to AMU.
- Transfer applicants, you are considered to be a transfer student if you have enrolled in another regionally accredited college or university following your graduation from high school. Submit items requested above. Request that copies of official transcripts from all colleges you have attended and your high school transcript be sent directly to the
Ave Maria University Student Enrollment Center
5050 Ave Maria Blvd. Ave Maria FL 34142
- Begin the Financial Aid Process
To be eligible for regular undergraduate admission to the University, students are expected to meet the following standards.
- High school weighted grade point average (GPA) above 2.8 or college GPA above 2.4 on a 4.0 scale.
- An SAT score equal to or above 1410, or an ACT score equal to or above 20.
In some instances, the University may accept students who do not meet the above criteria, but upon closer review indicate a probability for success.
After You Have Been Accepted
The University considers all of the above factors in reaching an admissions decision. The University reserves the right to administer placement tests and procedures to admitted students in order to improve the advisement process, ensure placement in the correct course, and enhance the probabilities for student success.
- Submit your $300.00 Enrollment Deposit . This gives you priority in scheduling your classes and guarantees a place in the dorms for students who will be residents. The enrollment fee is not refundable.
- Information regarding New Student Orientation, AMU residential living, roommate selections, student insurance, viewing your class schedule and bill payment will be sent to deposited students after May 1st.
- It is your responsibility to have your transcript(s) evaluated prior to receiving an admission decision. If your secondary school transcripts are in a language other than English, a certified English translation must accompany the original document(s). All college transcripts must be evaluated by one of two professional organizations:
Please have your transcript translated by one of the following:
- The American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (www.aacrao.org/international/ )
- World Education Services (www.wes.org/students/index.asp ).
- If English is not your native language, submit an official copy of your TOEFL score. A minimum score of 550 is required on the paper-based test and a minimum score of 213 is required on the computer-based test and a minimum score of 85 is required on the Internet-based test. (Ave Maria code: 42.f.)
- You must submit documented proof of financial support and make a down payment of at least 1/10 of your annual bill before a Form I-20 will be issued. Please consult with your admissions counselor with any questions you may have about the International Student Admissions Process.