AMU Athletic Leadership Scholarships
All institutional athletic scholarships are awarded directly from the Ave Maria University Athletic Department. Any merit and need based eligibility for athletes will be considered and generated via the athletic scholarship awarding process.
Ave Maria University Sibling Grant is awarded based on siblings who are enrolled as undergraduates during the same academic year. $2,000 is awarded to the sibling with the most need. See Ave Maria University Sibling Grant Application for additional details. Athletes & Non-Athletes are eligible to apply for this grant.
Institutional Advancement Scholarships
Ave Maria University Leadership Scholarship
• Applicant must be enrolled as a full time undergraduate student at Ave Maria University
• Recipient will be selected based upon financial need, academic promise, and character that will allow them to succeed in their pursuit of higher education
• Recipient must demonstrate leadership and service in their communities
• This scholarship may not be used in place of, or in combination with, an athletic scholarship
Jon Scharfenberger Memorial Scholarship
Type: One-time or renewable.
- Have a strong commitment to Pro-life activities;
- Be a Catholic in good standing;
- Exhibit leadership skills through one or more of the following:
- Sports club or team
- Student government
- Choir or student club
- Ave Maria Campus Household
- Event organizing
- Public speaking
Recipient must be enrolled as a full-time student, and maintain satisfactory academic progress. Priority will be given to those beginning their first year of college, although upperclassmen are also eligible. Athletes & Non-Athletes are eligible to apply for this grant.
Cleveland and Akron, Ohio Scholarship Fund
Recipient must be from the Greater Cleveland and Akron, Ohio areas;
The recipient will automatically be eligible for annual awards, as long as they maintain a university GPA average of 2.5, and demonstrate evidence of a lifestyle and values consistent with the Ave Maria University student handbook.
GRACE SCHOLARSHIP: Qualifications:
Applicants must be from the St. Cloud, Minnesota area and must be members of St. Peter's Parish in St. Cloud, MN. Applicants must meet regular acceptance criteria and must be enrolled as full time students at Ave Maria University.
Scholarship recipient must be enrolled as a full-time student, and maintain satisfactory academic progress. Recipients must have submitted all official documents deemed necessary before award will be confirmed. The Academic Need Based Grant and the Academic Need Based Housing Grant have limited funding. Priority will be given to those who have completed applications/documentation early. In some cases, these two institutional grants may be replaced with endowed or restricted funds.