AMU Athletic Leadership Scholarships
All institutional athletic scholarships are awarded directly from the Ave Maria University Athletic Department. Any merit and need based eligibility for athletes will be considered and generated via the athletic scholarship awarding process.
The Ave Maria University Sibling Grant is awarded based on siblings who are enrolled as undergraduates during the same academic year. A $1,000 tuition grant per academic year will be applied to each student's award. See Ave Maria University Sibling Grant Application for additional details. Athletes & Non-Athletes are eligible to apply for this grant.
Institutional Advancement Scholarships
Ave Maria University Leadership Scholarship
• Applicant must be enrolled as a full time undergraduate student at Ave Maria University
• Recipient will be selected based upon financial need, academic promise, and character that will allow them to succeed in their pursuit of higher education
• Recipient must demonstrate leadership and service in their communities
• This scholarship may not be used in place of, or in combination with, an athletic scholarship
Jon Scharfenberger Memorial Scholarship
Type: One-time or renewable.
- Have a strong commitment to Pro-life activities;
- Be a Catholic in good standing;
- Exhibit leadership skills through one or more of the following:
- Sports club or team
- Student government
- Choir or student club
- Ave Maria Campus Household
- Event organizing
- Public speaking
Recipient must be enrolled as a full-time student, and maintain satisfactory academic progress. Priority will be given to those beginning their first year of college, although upperclassmen are also eligible. Athletes & Non-Athletes are eligible to apply for this grant.
The Southeast Michigan Diocesan Scholarship
- $7,000 – Add-on Scholarship (in addition to AMU Institutional Aid)
- Awarded $3,500 each semester
- For a duration of 4 years (per individual student) as an undergraduate student
- First time college freshman or a transfer college student with no more than 31 attempted credit hours (may not be a returning AMU student)
- Must have graduated from a Catholic high school or be a registered member of a parish (with letter from parish) in the Archdiocese of Detroit, Diocese of Lansing or Diocese of Saginaw
- Practicing Catholic – with endorsement from Priest or Parish Office
- Student must maintain a University GPA of 2.5 in order to keep the scholarship
- Must complete Ave Maria University's online scholarship application
- This scholarship will be awarded to the first 30 students who meet the criteria and are accepted to the University
Recipient must be a resident of Ohio.
The recipient will automatically be eligible for annual awards, as long as they maintain a university GPA of 2.5, and demonstrate evidence of a lifestyle and values consistent with the Ave Maria University student handbook.
Paul W. Kendra "Man Up" Memorial Scholarship
- Applicant must be a male student, from Immokalee, Florida, enrolled full time at Ave Maria University
- Submit a personal essay about a person who has influenced his life, or why he is eligible to receive this scholarship, providing examples of being hard working, responsible, and a respectable young leader
- The applicant must submit two letters of recommendation from teachers, mentors, or coaches (non-relatives)
- The recipient must maintain a university GPA of 2.5, and demonstrate evidence of a lifestyle and values consistent with the Ave Maria University student handbook.
Applicants must be from the St. Cloud, Minnesota area and must be members of St. Peter's Parish in St. Cloud, Minnesota. Applicants must meet regular acceptance criteria and must be enrolled as full time graduate students at Ave Maria University.
Scholarship recipient must be enrolled as a full-time student, and maintain satisfactory academic progress. Recipients must have submitted all official documents deemed necessary before award will be confirmed. Please submit only one application form, even if you are applying for multiple scholarships.