Organization of Reaffirmation Process
The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) requires that institutions establish a Leadership Team to manage and validate the internal institutional assessment of compliance with all Core Requirements, Comprehensive Standards, and Federal Requirements. The team should include individuals who have the skills, knowledge, and the authority to lead in this total institutional effort. The team should not be large, but its membership would normally include the chief executive officer, the chief academic officer, the accreditation liaison, and a representative faculty member. The responsibilities of the Leadership Team include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating and managing the internal review process, including developing the structure and timelines for ensuring the timely completion of all tasks and attending the Orientation Meeting conducted by the Commission on Colleges. The Orientation Meeting is limited to five people from each institution, including the institution’s finance officer.
- Coordinating the completion of the Compliance Certification by overseeing the institutional review of the extent of compliance with the Principles of Accreditation and the documentation of evidence supporting the extent of compliance.
- Ensuring that the institutional community is engaged in the review process and is informed of the progress of the review.
- Overseeing the completion and ensuring the accuracy of the Institutional Summary Form submitted at the time of the Orientation Meeting, included with the Compliance Certification, and updated for the On-Site Reaffirmation Committee.
- Developing the Focused Report, if the institution so chooses.
- Overseeing the development and implementation of the Quality Enhancement Plan.
- Overseeing arrangements for the on-site visit.
- Ensuring that the appropriate follow-up activities are in place to address compliance issues cited by the Off-Site Reaffirmation Committee, recommendations written by the On-Site Reaffirmation Committee, and requests for subsequent monitoring reports by the Commission.
H. James Towey – President
Michael Dauphinais – Vice President of Academic Affairs/Dean of Faculty
Robert Farnham – Chief Financial Officer
Jorge Calvo – Associate Professor of Mathematics/Chair of IE Committee
Helen Altomari – Coordinator for Institutional Research
Compliance Certification Writing Committee
The primary responsibility of the Compliance Certification Writing Committee is to assist in the compilation of the compliance report. The writing committees are supported by the Leadership Team and the Institutional Effectiveness Committee. This process was completed in the summer of 2014. The Compliance Certification Report was submitted on September 8, 2014.
William Kirk – Vice President for Legal Affairs and General Counsel
Jorge Calvo - Associate Professor of Mathematics/Chair of IE Committee
John Colman – Assistant Professor/Chair of Politics
Gregory Vall – Associate Professor/Chair of Theology
Jennifer Nodes – Director of Library Services
Erin Van de Voorde – Residence Director
Robert Farnham – Controller
Stephen Cronin – Associate Professor of Biology
QEP Development Committee
Dr. Keith Houde, Associate Professor of Psychology, Chair
Dr. Jorge Calvo, Associate Professor of Mathematics
Julie Cosden, Vice President for Student Affairs
Dr. Andrew Dinan, Associate Professor of Classics
Dr. Michael Dauphinais, Vice President for Academic Affairs
Dr. Richard Dittus, Director of College Preparedness & Instructor of Mathematics
Mary Hunt, Assistant Professor of Business & Psychology
Dr. Catherine Pakaluk, Assistant Professor of Economics
Helen Altomari, Coordinator for Institutional Effectiveness & Research
Dr. William Riordan, Professor of Theology
Erin Van de Voorde, Director of Residence Life & Alumna
Zachary Crockett, Coordinator for Career Services & Alumnus
The Committee developed the following Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP):
“Sophomore Success: Preparing Leaders for the Third Millennium”
The QEP document was submitted to the Reaffirmation Committee on 13 January 2015. The executive summary may be found here.